Northfielders for Justice in Palestine/Israel (NJP/I) is a local community group whose aim is to educate and inform Northfield and the surrounding area about the ongoing occupation of Palestine and to advocate peace and justice for all people who live in Palestine and Israel.
! All Out For Palestine !
NJP/I Invites you to join us in
A Ceasefire Walk
Joining a March 2 Global Day of Action for Gaza
This Saturday, March 2nd, 2024 10:00 am
Gather in St John’s Lutheran Church parking lot
500 Third Street West, NorthfieldRoute for the Walk:
- Leave St. John’s parking lot and walk to Second Street.
- Take Second Street to Hwy 3/19
- After crossing at the lights, turn right and walk on the sidewalk along Hwy 3/19 to 5th street
- Turn left onto 5th street and walk over the bridge to the Water Street parking lot
- Turn left and take the sidewalk to Bridge Square (Pause there for brief spoken words).
- Take Division Street to the right and walk to 7th street
- Turn right and take 7th Street to the dead end (for cars)
- Walk to the ramp to the bridge on Hwy 3
- Continue walking on the sidewalk along Hwy 3 to Second Street
- Turn left at the lights and take Second Street back to St John’s.Palestinian flags, signs, keffiyehs welcome. ‘Weather looks good.
Further opportunity for Northfield Ceasefire action:
On January 21 Northfielders for Justice in Palestine / Israel hosted a presentation
titled “Insights into Gaza & the West Bank” at the Northfield Public Library.
The three speakers were Bob Goonin, providing a Jewish perspective on the history of
the Zionist Project, Ashraf Askar, sharing the experience of a Palestinian growing up in
the West Bank, and Fred Rogers, reflecting on his recent visit to Gaza.
We have had several requests to repeat the presentation. NJP/I hosted a replay of the
Jan 21 event on Jan 28 with live Q&A from the panel speakers at the end. Most people
who attended either one found this to be a powerful and informative experience.
We encourage you to watch these presentations, and share them with others, especially
with organized groups. We would be happy to discuss other showings with live or online
Q&A for any group that would like us to do so.
Calling for an immediate and permanent ceasefire. Working for Peace.
NJP/I Core Committee and Presenters
Free Online Palestine Focused Films
Northfielders for Justice in Palestine Israel (NJP/I) recommends the following two online sources of films related to the history, culture, and situation of the Palestinian people.
Monthly free films can be watched on your own time, after you have registered, then you may log on for a discussion of the film on the third Sunday of the month 2 pm CT.
Weekly (Sat 11 am CT) films are offered at this site. By joining the email list you will receive notices of the up-coming films each week where you can register to view the free films online. The films are followed by discussion.